If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Plan B: Or If I Die Please Write An Elegy Loaded With Similes


My brother flaked out on me. He didn't board his plane this morning. He's a sweet man; he's been going through some serious issues for the past eight years. He's in a bad place right now. I wish he would let us help him. But he's not even ready to admit he's got problems.

Now, I have to drive to Arizona by myself. I'm worried. This will be a challenge. I'm terrible at reading maps and locating traffic signs along the highway. I'm going to get lost for sure. I'm really worried about driving through St. Louis and Tulsa: the only "big" cities I have to drive through. All those lanes and ramps and exits really confuse me.

Oh my kingdom for a co-driver!

I'm planning on leaving Tuesday morning but that might change. I want to take some time to commit the route to memory and try to practice reading maps. Yes, you read that right. I'm going to practice my map reading skills.

Oh boy...

5 comments:

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Lack of direction. A true sign of genius!

E., Lo siento. I'm the same way.

Anne said...

St. Louis, as I recall (it's been a while), isn't bad at all. I don't know about Tulsa though.

Good luck!

Charles said...

Beware the Kansas Turnpike.

I vividly remember a billboard there saying:

"Repent and accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior...

OR ELSE!"

Collin said...

You'll be fine, Eduardo. Take your time and don't get flustered. However, if you threw my book out as mentioned in the previous post, consider your drive hexed. ;)

Peter said...

Good luck, Eduardo. Sounds like you are doing a good thing.