If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Moving Bits

*
My brother arrives Sunday evening and we'll drive off Monday morning. It should take a little more than two days to reach Arizona.
*
I tossed out a few old copies of Playgirl today. I didn't even know I still had them. I remember buying my first copy of Playgirl in high school. I walked into a Circle K and asked the male clerk for an issue. He looked at me for a bit, then said, Don't you mean Playboy? I blushed, like a white boy, and said, No. He reached over to the dirty magazine rack, picked one up and slipped it into a paper sack. He rang me up, and kept his gaze down as he said, Have a nice night. I did.
*
I have to clean my shower tonight!
*
Forgive me: I tossed out three poetry books today. One of the books was written by a blogger. Guess?
*
I just ate some Taco Bell.
*
I'm burning left over candle stubs. The air in my room smells like blueberries, melons and rain.
*
I have too many knick knacks.
*
Don't you hate it when your bottle of lube gets all sticky?
*
I don't want to throw out my IKEA floor lamp. I don't! I don't! But there's no room in my car for it. Boo. Hoo.
*
I hate blue pens. Why do I have twenty of them?
*
I just took a huff from my Sharpie marker. The colors. The colors.
*
She was so tranny-fabu, and with a totally appropriate power. You know she would rock the club with that funky mutant handclap. She was straight out of the mutant touring company of ‘Rent.'
*
My bath mat is in the washing machine right now.
*
Vacuuming sucks.
*

3 comments:

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Who would dare guess if you threw out his/her book? So, okay, was it mine? 'Cause if you don't like it, at least be sure to recycle it instead of adding to the landfills!

Eduardo C. Corral said...

It wasn't your book, Mr. Buntin.

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Ah well, there's always the cleaning up when you get back to Urbana, eh? How long are you down in AZ? We should have some sort of poet blogger session somewhere, as Gina is in town ("town" loosely defined), too.