If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Dear Amanda,

Your blog rocks. I read it everyday. I'm also very taken with your poems. Like this one. And this one. I love it when you post photographs. Are you a party girl? I bet you are. I really like your shiny blouses. You have a lot of handsome male friends. Who is that gorgeous man in the green shirt at your graduation party?

People might think I'm brown-nosing just to get into Pebble Lake Review, the journal you edit. I don't have any ulterior motives! I don't submit to online/print journals edited by fellow bloggers.

I hope this letter doesn't freak you out. I freak out when complete strangers send me "fan" emails. Once a guy gushed about my work in his email. I was touched. We all want readers, right? A week later he sent another email but this time he attached a photograph of himself--naked. I won't be sending you naked pics of me, Amanda. I promise.

All the Best,
Eduardo

2 comments:

C. Dale said...

I NEVER sent you pictures of myself naked! At least I don't think I did...

Reb said...

Eduardo -- you need to submit work to the Bedside Guide before the end of June else I'll send a naked picture, of, um, some really hideous person, um, covered in boils. or something. I mean it!