If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Confession

Something happened to me at MacDowell. Something unexpected and troubling. I developed crushes on white men. Really white men. White as mayo. There was one composer in his 30s who had me dreaming naughty things. His name began with the letter "D." He wore glasses. Let me repeat: he wore glasses. Not hipster glasses. No. He wore I-am-a-high-school-history-teacher glasses. He was Irish Catholic. Hey, that's almost Mexican! But he was sweet. He had a nice smile. I really liked the chest hair that poked out from the top of his shirts. I really had a thing for him. Each time I saw him I giggled. Okay, did I just type that? Wow. Hard times. Unfortunately, he was married. To a woman. How quaint!

The other colonists made fun of my crush. Yeah, I'm talking to you, Sean. And Emily. And Paula. And Mark. But I couldn't help it. There was something about him that made my heart skip a beat, that made my panties bunch up. I just had a terrible thought. What if he's reading this? Maybe I should delete this post? Naw. My crush was harmless. I don't think he even noticed. I'm subtle. Like like an earthquake. OMG! He might be reading this! I'm going to end this post right here.

3 comments:

Collin said...

You horny bastard. I hope there's a poem coming about this! :)

Anne said...

In a gorgeous place like that, surrounded by brilliant writers and artists and composers and such, I think I would have been disappointed if you hadn't had at least one crush! *grin*

Radish King said...

JESUS CHRIST STAY AWAY FROM COMPOSERS!!!!! THEY'RE THE DEVIL EVEN IF THEY ARE IRISH CATHOLIC.

XXXOOO