If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

NaPoWriMo: Catholic Style

I first read NaPoWriMo and was thinking of googling the word until I realized it was short for: National Poetry Writing Month!! I'm slow, but so is the sun in coming to April, so today is my April 1st. 5 days late, I'm recognizing.

My close friends & now blog-city know I'm an overt complainer that is suffering from post-MFA hell/post-partum poetry writing depression/or just plain fear of the line, the break, and the penultimate lineage of all poetic things.

I feel guilty. I'm not attempting a poem a day, or even posting lines that zap me while listening to people sleep, kiss, and curse on the subway. What is wrong with me? I freewrite every morning, why can't I just post that?

I realize I need to rise to the adult occasion and suck it up and just post the shiznit on the site. I'll post by the days that happen in April & hope I don't fall so hard, I become part of the liquid flowage purported to exist in mid-earth.

Hasta Basta! Guilt wins again. Read my posts soon.

2 comments:

David said...

Guilt: that's Jewish Style. Shame is the Catholic flavor (according to my unofficial survey of shamed Catholics).

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Hmm. Maybe I'm Jewish? What does it mean if you feel shamed & guilty at the same time? A bad combo...