If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Insomnia

I have insomnia again. It happens when I write. Problem is, now I just want to turn off. I'm not even thinking about writing anymore, I'm just thinking about stuff. Stuff, as in nothing inparticular, as in my mind feels like that Price Is Right game where dollar bills frenetically blow around a glass container.

Just want to sleep. I'm not sure why, actually I think I kind of know why, but when I have insomnia it feels like the loneliest thing in the world. Not enjoyable.

The wind rattling the streetlight outside my window reminds me of the Santa Ana Winds in California. Today, it was gorgeous in NYC. Now, nothing but wind & fallen blossoms, which is pretty, just in a different way.

It's 3:00. (AM) I don't think I'll be in REM anytime soon. Going to read Lacan. Maybe he'll put me to sleep.

5 comments:

Stuart Greenhouse said...

I get that way too--my condolences. I have noticed it gets particularly intense in Spring bloomtime. Life!

Suzanne said...

Me too. Mine seems to be about waking up at 3AM and being unable to get back to sleep. I hope you catching your REMs right now.

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Thanks! It turned out Lacan put me to sleep. Le Objet Petit a is always tedious, but fulfilling, in an odd way.

And yes, I think it's the change in the weather. New York is getting so much sunlight, my interior clock is going wildly around itself.

jenni said...

I get it too--when I'm writing a lot. It's the adrenaline, I think, I had to stop writing at night becaus of it. Now I write in the afternoons and it works out much better. But i miss writing at night. It used to be my favorite time--the house perfectly quiet, the feeling of being the only person awake in my town (besides the crack heads). Those were the good ole days.

likenakedvenus said...

I 2----have it every night---writing, reading or gazing into shadows. You are creative / we dont work like the others