If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

If You Are Out Of The Loop

Like me. Watch Oldboy. Don't read the reviews or the plot summary. Just rent it.

Like any movie it's got flaws. And like any person you're going to have some complaints.

I found out about this movie a week ago and placed it at the top of my Netflix cue (I'm giving Netflix another try after they were delaying my movies on purpose because I watch 3 movies a day) and was totally blown away. It was released in 2003 (The States Release Date) and given lots of hype at Sundance. Apparently lots of people know about it (minus me). My friend Espy, even told me that by now the movie is "passe."

As a warning, the first 20 minutes is kind of snoozy but it's engrossing from there.

If you are turned off or agitated by violence don't rent this movie & don't say I didn't warn you. I'm more of drama movie watcher. But a thriller/mystery/action movie is awesome when it's well done.

3 comments:

CLAY BANES said...

park's last in the trilogy, lady vengeance, is due in u.s. theaters later this spring.

oldboy is no. 2.

no. 1.

Tupac_da_dogg said...

D, You gave me an idea. I'm going to start renting movies, and Oldboy will be on the top of the list. It will sure beat staying home all day and watching the Animal Planet. When are you visiting? Dad and I miss you.

Tupac

JWG said...

Love that movie in Korea.