If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, March 27, 2006

Guess Where This Is From

March 9, 2006

Dear Writer,

Thank you so much for your application for a _______ Fellowship. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a place in the program. I wanted to let you know that your application was read with great care and appreciation. It is through the vibrancy and commitment of work like yours that the program is able to depend on an applicant pool of immense talent. Every year, after reading the submissions, all of us wish we had more fellowships to offer.

You know the rest.

6 comments:

Tupac_da_dogg said...

Well, tried to be good (I tried)
Wanted nothing but to love somebody
Didn't wanna die young
Steady hustlin tryin to feed my family
Too scared to have kids
And do like daddy did
Cuz I'm so scared of failin

Tupac

Tupac_da_dogg said...

Sometimes you gotta moan
Comin from where I'm from, I'm from
Sometimes you gotta cry a little bit louder
Comin from where I'm from, I'm from
Sometimes you gotta fight the pain
Comin from where I'm from, I'm from
Sometimes you gotta walk alone
Comin from where I'm from, I'm from
Sometimes you get a little worried
Comin from where I'm from, I'm from
Sometimes you get lost outta touch
Comin from where I'm from, I'm from
Sometimes I think I pray a little bit too much
Comin from where I'm from, I'm from

César said...

Hey, Diana, this is Cesar. You met me at the AWP in Austin. Chicano writer living in Austin. I'm glad to see your around here. Checka mi old blog aqui or go to my new canton aca! Orale.

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Cesar,

Que Pasa? I went to your website. It rocks. Mucho talent on your part. Visit the blog often. I'm filling in for Eduardo while he's at Mcdowell. After that, I might even get my own blog. Haven't decided yet...

Email a sister: dmd2107@columbia.edu

rey said...

THE MAN

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Rey,

didn't know you had a myspace account! I couldn't get through Hop Scotch either. I tried...