If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Friday, March 03, 2006

AWP Hussies Unite!


AWP is next week. I'm going. I know a lot of bloggers will be attending. C. Dale, Charles, Peter, Josh C., Corn Shake, Reb, Tony, Zach, Adam C., Gina, and Woody. Who else?

Is Paul Guest coming? He owes me a drink.

I'm worried I won't have enough money to buy all the books I want!

I'm going to stock up on extra copies of Black Warrior Review. To use as toilet paper.

I'm still going to ignore Sabrina Orah Mark.

I hear Bob Hicok will NOT be attending this year. Too bad. But the Pitt table will be selling panties with tiny Hicok faces printed on them.

I don't want to play favorites but there's one blogger I just can't wait to meet.

I'm thinking of tinkering with my name badge so it spells out: Eduardo C. Corral, editor of New England Review. Think of the free drinks!

Corn Shake! You must have a drink with me!

I promise not to dance.

I'm going to keep a list of biggest ass kissers. I expect one or two bloggers to be on it.

I'm staying at the Hilton. Come find me.

The worst thing about AWP? All those MFA students.

The second worst thing about AWP? All those MFA students.

I'm going to walk up to the Mid-American Review table and shout out,
You should be ashamed!

Am I the only one who wants to give Adam Clay head?

16 comments:

garylmcdowell said...

I'll stand and defend Mid-American Review all day, everyday. What's your beef with us?

And, hey, have fun at AWP. Too bad this MFA student can't be there with you.

C. Dale said...

Hey Eduardo. I never wear my name badge, so you can just wear mine. But don't expect free drinks. Expect a few nasty looks and more than one person who hates you for rejecting their poems. Oh, I love the idea of you wearing my nametag. Last year, Natasha Trethewey wore it for a day. Of course, she hammed it up with terrible imitations.

C. Dale said...

Oh, and we all know I am the blogger you are just DYING to meet. ;) (just kidding)

Charles said...

Why do you hate MFAs so much? You were one once. Are you filled with retroactive self-loathing?

Collin said...

Lord...what am I gonna do with all of you when AWP comes to Atlanta next year? lol

Natasha rocks. She showed me the galley of Native Guard last year and I've heard her read from it twice. She should win a Pulitzer. It's a brilliant collection.

cornshake said...

Of course! But oh, the question will be whether the Hilton bar can make us some *pink squirrels* or not. See you soon! But hey, be nice to the MAR folks--they always have cute tchotchkes (sp?)....

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Dude: Get over yourself!

David said...

The BWR cardstock is a little heavy for toilet paper.

What's your gripe?

Lorna Dee Cervantes said...

Hey Eduardo,

Bring a copy of your ms - or pass it to me to copy.

I'm so looking forward to meeting you. An' y'all, too. Here?

I'll be hanging at Wings Press in between hearing as much as I can - Table #442 - Just think 442 Birds near the COFFEE.

Diana: What time/ day do you get in?

YEA!!

(last year my father was dying)

Penultimatina said...

Stop by the RHINO booth and say hello. :) Nary an MFA student in the bunch...

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who remembers Eduardo as the MFA Student he abhors? Snooty as he was then!

Have fun, ese.

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Lorna, I'll arrive midday on Wednesday.

Can't wait to get there!

Simmons B. Buntin said...

I'll be there, as well. Got a signing for Riverfall at the Salmon Poetry table, Table 830, on Thursday from 11 to noon. Stop by ('cause otherwise, I suspect I'll be pretty lonely).

32poems said...

Stop by the 32 poems table and say hi. I'll be the one who looks overwhelmed.

Tony said...

I hate MFA students former and current. So there!

Anonymous said...

If not for the MFA students who would the old poets fuck?