If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

AWP Bits (for Aaron Smith)

*
I'm in the middle of packing for MacDowell so I don't have time to post about AWP. Sad, I know. I really enjoyed meeting all the bloggers. And catching up with new and old friends. And kissing...I can say no more.
*
I had dinner with Suji Kwock Kim and Monique Truong. Eat YOUR heart out.
*
I saw a famous writer pick his nose.
*
Tony Tost has a reddish beard. Does that mean his pubic hair is reddish? If that's true then Tost has a clown in his pants!
*
Ali Stine, Rich Y., James Hall, Jericho Brown, C. Dale Young, Peter P. and Dean, Reb Livingston, Tony Robinson, John Espinoza, Charles, Corn Shake, Laurel, Victoria Chang and Todd, Julie Dill, Jeannine Hall Gailey, S. Luna, Emmy Perez, and some many others: thanks for making AWP so memorable this year.
*
I have a big ol' crush on Patrick Phillips. He's so nerdy and yummy. I would love to "tuft" and "discover" him in bed. Ha! I'm so funny!
*
I saw a lot of babies. Are poets having sex now? Who knew? Someone send me the memo. But don't send it to Josh Corey.
*
Happy belated B-day to Zachary Chartkoff!
*
Some lame-ass MFA student asked for my autograph. LOL. Poor thing.
*
Tony Robinson's voice doesn't match his face. Know what I mean? He's very nice and cute.
*
Jason Schneiderman was so friendly. I wanted to kidnap him.
*
I saw a famous poet piss in a potted fern.
*
Peter Covino should be forced to walk around AWP conferences shirtless. Would you sign that petition?
*
I'm proud to say I only acted like a groupie once. Just once. I walked up to Andrew Feld and told him how much I adored his first book Citizen. He was sweet. I told him I recognized him from his author photo. Yes, I gagged on my words as I spoke them. But hey, the life of a groupie is tough.
*
Kisses and hugs for Scott Hightower and Jose!
*
Randall Mann, are you reading my blog?
*
Can I say this in public? No, I can't. Sorry.
*
I finally found some ASU MFA students that I like. Hard to believe, no? Hi, Diana and Eva!
*
Michelle Martinez is so dirty. I like that.
*
Corn Shake, what happened to our drink! And by the way, your husband is hot. I'm all about the letter "D" now.
*
I saw Nick Flynn's boxers. Correction: the whole bar saw Nick Flynn's boxers. Judging from his underwear his favorite store is Target. Did I say that?
*
I so wish I could tell you something. But I can't.
*
Bin Ramke was wearing a Foetry t-shirt.
*
I saw Adam Clay in person. I recant my previous statement. He's not ugly. He's just so thin and small. He might break in half if I touched him. I've eaten watermelons that weigh more than him. Adam, eat something.
*
I was turned on by the I-Pod Pickle. Is that strange?
*
I *heart* Aaron Smith. I love his voice. And he's got a nice smile.
*
Highlight: getting a hug from Lorna.
*

3 comments:

Collin said...

Bin Ramke in a Foetry shirt? Did someone get a picture? lol

Sounds like you had a good time. Enjoy McDowell. I'm extremely envious of your five weeks of nothing but writing and fraternizing...errr...socializing. :)

Alan Cordle said...

Yeah -- I sent $25 to Cafe Press for a Foetry shirt, a package arrived, but it had been opened and there was nothing inside! Damn you once again, Ramke!

Tony said...

Ah. I did not see Andrew Feld there.

*

You are too sweet, E., for saying nice things about me.