If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Weather Woes


Last night I started feeling sick. I thought I might have acquired typhus, or a library bird-flu from touching 50 yr old clippings at the NYC Performing Arts Library, but I don’t think I’m that special and have concluded it is just a stupid flu bug. Which bums me out because I was supposed to go to Boston, and possibly Martha’s Vineyard this weekend (I know it’s the off-off season, but I’ve got to go sometime). On top of that, there is a storm brewing in Maine that will soon push Boston’s temps into the teens (as in 10’s not teenagers). Hmm. Maine. Apparently there’s so much snow there they have sled races.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi you're on the Art Laboe show. Who is this? Hi Art. This is Tupac the Schipperke. What can I do for you Tupac? Mira...can you play When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees? OK. And who is this going out to? It's going out to my homegirl Diana of Morningside Heights. I just wanna tell her that I miss her and wish we could be together this weekend but you know how it goes. El pinche snow from Maine , you know, messed things up, eh. OK Tupac. To all those lost souls of the motherland all over the world, wherever you are, here is a song with pride and peace...

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suzanne said...

That sucks, Diana. I caught it too and I'm just miserable. (practically delirious) Here's to feeling better soon!

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Thanks for the well wishes.
Let's hope we both feel better soon. Cheers to chicken soup
and orange juice.

Francisco Aragon said...

Diana:
What's an e-mail address I can reach you at?
Saludos,
Francisco Aragón

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Francisco,

Hello, I've sent you an email with my address.

Diana

Anonymous said...

Wad'up...If you go to Martha's Vineyard...it possible to leave from a town called Woods Hole....I lived there last summer...it is a great place....but really small...no extremely small...go to "Captain Kid" at night for a good time...Oh yeah the vineyard is okay...nice houses...Rey

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Rey,

Hey there. Thanks for the directions. I'm going to try and make it out there next weekend so your plan of attack will come in handy. I love the name "Captain Kid"... I hear there is a heat wave in California, jealous!

jenni said...

ugh. hate the flu. had it about a month ago. hope you get to feeling better.

jenni

early hours of sky said...

Diana, okay I am from Maine and I haven't seen a dog race yet though we call snowmobiles sleds thus the confusion. I hope you are feeling better.

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Actually, there's been no confusion. In fact, Maine
is holding its 14th annual dog-sled race on March 4, 2006! I culled the pic from the Maine Office of Tourism Site http://www.visitmaine.com/home.php). & Thanks for the well wishes--I'm feeling much better.