If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Pity The Drowned Horses

Everyone, Sheryl Luna has recently started a blog! Welcome Sheryl.

Visit her at Chicana Poetics. Sheryl was the winner of the 2005 Andres Montoya Prize for her collection of poems, Pity The Drowned Horses (Sheryl, I love your title & enjoyed your book).

What she has to say about blogging made much sense to me. As for myself, I was afraid of blogging too. It's a hard decision. And I must say, (for me) at times it does feel a lil unnatural. I keep wondering what the Surrealists would think about blogging... Would they condone it or consider me a hack?

Either way, Congrats Sheryl on your blog! I'm looking forward to reading more about your thoughts and adventures. When are you coming to NYC to read?

And to everyone who already has Ada Limon's Lucky Wreck, I am jealous. Amazon is taking its sweet arse time delivering that book to me. Amazon, stop delivering Philip Roth books and send me my poems!

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

Diana,
Thanks! I honestly thought you were Eduardo! I hear you are a terrific poet! I will write about NYC on my blog later. Thanks for reading the book. Wow, la raza all over the blogs now! Cool.
Sheryl

CLAY BANES said...

i'm jealous too. i'm hosting ada next month, and her editor says lucky wreck is at the distributor, and my distributor insists it is nowhere in their system and they've never, ever heard of it.

whenever amazon says it will take two to three weeks (or whatever) to ship, it means they don't have it and they don't know but you will find out how long it will take them to get it.

autumn house, lovely books. yr distribution needs improvement.

Diana Marie Delgado said...

Clay, i've actually asked Columbia to just buy the book. They let you do that here so i requested they let me know when the book comes in. However, I have googled her poems--and every one I've read I've loved.

Oh, and to clarify, I meant Tim Roth, not Philip Roth. LOL. Everyone who knows me will understand that I almost always mix up names, things, and other important objects of existence.