If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Different Phases of My Face



Someone, whose name will go unknown, mentioned my previous posted photo is a lil too Morticia so I'm posting another photo of me in my off hours. To be honest, I don't like pictures (of myself). Most smiles are staged. That's why I like this pic. I did things I didn't mean to do--my eyes are closed & I accidently smiled.

Penguin's Dictionary of Symbols has this to say about the FACE: Incomplete and fleeting though it may be, the face is an unveiling, like the unveiling of the Mystic in Pompeian wall-paintings. Nobody has ever had direct sight of his or her own face, it can only be seen with the help of a MIRROR. Faces are not for thier owners, but for others and for God. Faces are silent words. Whether we like it or not, it is the part of oneself which one reveals to the world at large. It is the ego laid bare in part and far more revealing than the rest of the body.

This is but the beginning of Penguin's entry about the face. I agree.

3 comments:

jenni said...

oh thank gawd i scrolled down--for a second i was looking at this photo and thinking "wow, eduardo sure looks like a girl--a cute one too" Honestly, it only increased my crush for him.

Diana Marie Delgado said...

That's funny! I'm posting a little to his blog to help him out when he goes to McDowell. But come to think of it I do look like a boy in that pic!

Anonymous said...

So you are cheating on me, huh? Don't expect to me talk to you then when you see me this weekend. I'm hurt that you have some other hound in your lap. Next thing you are going to tell me is that 'it didn't mean anything.' Yeah, right.

Tupac