If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Cowboy Bits


Brokeback Mountain is finally playing in a theatre near me. It's been playing since last Friday but I still haven't seen it. Why?
*
Wasn't I cute?
*
Am I the only one who adores NPR's Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me? The show cracks me up.
*
"Un Beso Is Not a Kiss" is one of my favorite poems by Francisco X. Alarcón .
*
Goodbye, AD.
*
I wonder if Rebecca Loudon knows of this blog that showcases some stunning illustrations and drawings?
*
The cover of Karla Kelsey's first book is gorgeous.
*
Thank G-d for Homos
*
un beso
is not just
a kiss--
un beso is
more dangerous
even fatal

*
Worst Author Photo Ever!

Ben, my darling, is that nautical rope around your neck? Is your chin mooning us? The cleft of your chin is SO deep someone could ride it bareback. You know what I mean?
*
Un Cowboy Is Not a Vaquero.

6 comments:

Ivy said...

Is that you? Cute!

Ktrion said...

Ay, qué cute.

All the hullabaloo over Brokeback mountain has me wondering if Annie Proulx ever heard the Pansy Division Song...

Cowboys are frequently secretly fond of each other--
What did you think those saddles and boots was about?
There’s many a cowboy who don’t understand the way that he feels towards his brother
Inside every cowboy there's a lady who'd love to slip out.
More...

LKD said...

Yes, you WERE cute.

Still are.

Why HAVEN'T you gone and seen Brokeback yet?

Killer diller link. (bibliodyssey)

I've always meant to ask you: What ARE you looking at in your "author" (or blog) photograph?

Emily Lloyd said...

*you were (& are) adorable

*that Kelsey cover is incredible--I think the most gorgeous I've ever seen

*thanks for the link to Bibliodyssey--looks great

*Besame

jenni said...

you're still cute! not only cute, but brave. very brave.

Radish King said...

Oooooo! Bibliodyssey, had not. Mm. I should give you a present.