If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, January 15, 2006

The 11th

January 14th is my dad's birthday. The family throws a party. Big deal, right? Well, this year my dad decided to tell us something: he was born on the 11th of January not the 14th!

What???

He said his family in Mexico celebrated his birthday on the 14th and he just went with it. And no, the 14th is not his saint's day.

What???

And to think I've been playing the lottery all these years with the number 14. No wonder I've never won.

1 comment:

Sara said...

This is true: my dad's birthday is on January 8, and for years he told our family it was on January 7. The reason for this, that I remember, is rather nonsensical. He didn't enjoy birthdays back then.