If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Thursday, December 08, 2005

My Favorite Blossoms of the Year



Ben Lerner, The Lichtenberg Figures
Lorna Dee Cervantes, Drive
Kazim Ali, The Far Mosque
Lara Glenum, The Hounds of No
Peter Covino, Cut Off the Ears of Winter
Scott Hightower, Part of the Bargain
David Bezmozgis, Natasha & Other Stories
Rita Dove, American Smooth
Sarah Gambito, Matadora
Jason Schneiderman, Sublimation Point
Tyehimba Jess, Leadbelly
Dana Levin, Wedding Day
Victoria Chang, Circle
Richard Siken, Crush
Sheryl Luna, Pity the Drowned Horses
Ignacio Padilla, Antipodes

3 comments:

Sisyphus Walking said...

You and Charlie both have Siken's book listed. I can't wait to finish it. I'm only about 15 pages in, and I'm stalled (grading portfolios, revising poems). Grr.

But isn't Schneiderman's book wonderful? I just finished it a few weeks ago. I was awed.

ruth-e said...

i just wrote about siken's crush today on my blog. i'm just a few pages in, but happily thrown about in it. hope you're well, e.

early hours of sky said...

I have read Silken book five times, "its a fever I'm learning to live with." It brilliant. I need to read Victoria's book though.