If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Bits

I've never owned a car in a city where it snows. Man, it sucks! The other day, after resting from my blissful walk in the snow, I had to scrape off six inches of snow from my car. What a chore!
*
Cyndi Lauper has joined the Honorary Board of the Matthew Shepard Foundation.
*
I still haven't received my "free book + shipping/handling" from Zachary but I'm glad he received the book I sent him. Sign up for it! I like the fact that I don't know what I'm getting. Maybe I'll love the book. Maybe I'll hate the book. Who knows? But the fun is in the reading.
*
Adam Clay is asking: If you could have any living poet write a blurb for yr first book, who would it be?

I have a wish of list of three poets.

1. Rita Dove
2. Lorna Dee Cervantes
3. DA Powell
*
Yesterday, I went to a reading celebrating the latest issue of Ninth Letter. Wine and stinky cheese were up for grabs afterwards. The graduate students freaking tore up the wine and cheese! I had to stand back from the cheese table because I feared one of them would bite off my fingers.
*
And this is why you always properly discard condoms after you have fun in a park.
*
Matthew Thorburn is offering to swap copies of his first book Subject to Change.
*
Is it wrong to be crushing on this new dad?
*

1 comment:

Charles said...

The purchase of my first car directly coincided with decision to leavea snowy city. That dusting-off-the-car bullshit is bullshit, man.