If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

OMG


One of my idols has fallen!

Juan Gabriel took a spill onstage in Houston. Who? How to explain? Juan Gabriel is like Madonna, Elton John, and Elvis rolled into one. But it's wrong to compare him to these Anglo superstars. He's an original. He's huge in Mexico and Latin America. I adore him! I've seen him in concert about 6 times. I woke up today to the news of his fall.

Get well soon Juanga!

UPDATE: Here is a slide show. I love the "slow" reaction of his backup singers.

This would be a great place to plug in those famous Lana Turner lines written by FH, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I refuse to mock Juanga!

Arriba Juarez!

No comments: