If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Bits

I had a great bowl of tomato bisque at a cafe today. So yummy!
*
Zach is offering free poetry books + postage.
*
The changing leaves. The bare branches etching themselves into the sky. The early morning frost on car windows.

Change is beautiful.
*
Czeslaw Milosz’s Song on the End of the World rendered into flash animation.
*
Nerdua: the petals fell/ until the only flower was the falling...
*
Check out the webpage of Manuel Muñoz, a rising star in the fiction biz. He just signed a two book deal with Algonquin Books. My only beef with his webpage? There's no beefcake! Manuel is hot. He should be working that angle. Manuel, do you hear me? Post some pics of you on your site.
*
I need a date.
*

UPDATE: I was wrong. There's one photo on Manuel's page. But I demand more! More! More!

1 comment:

Ginger Heatter said...

Thanks for the Milosz link, Eduardo. The animation is beautifully done, neither adding to nor detracting from the poem in ways that might do a disservice to it. *Sigh* I wish poetry was better funded, because I could imagine seeing much more of this sort of thing. Imagine a film-length production, shown in old movie house! I imagine things like that all the time, but worry I'll never see it happen in my lifetime since it's all poets can do to get their books printed.