If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Monday, October 10, 2005

Kiss & Tell

I made out with an older man this weekend.

He had strong hands: tense & quick.

His fingers smelled wonderful. When he ran them across my face I inhaled deeply.

Wet earth & vanilla.

He cupped my face the way you cup a flame in wind.

He pronounced my name each time his mouth brushed against my ears. His voice dense & intimate.

The syllables of my name ran down my neck, like sweat.

He smeared his breath across my torso.

I buried my hands in the small of his back.

The tip of his tongue skipped down the length of my body like a stone over water.

I threw back my head.

He plucked black petals from my open mouth.

UPDATE: I don't consider this a poem. These are lines that I wrote in my head while I made out with an older man this weekend. But thanks for the nice feedback via comment box and email. And his name was Saul.

6 comments:

barbara jane said...

gorgeous. yummy.

LKD said...

Wow. That's all I've got right now. WOW.

Seriously, Eduardo, the poem had me from the first line....and the last line pleased me so much, really satisified the hell out of me. Those black petals made my whole day and it's not even noon yet.

Wow.

Emily Lloyd said...

Gosh, I love the name Saul. I knew it wasn't a poem, just a lovely hot post. It actually made ME want to whisper Eduardo...Eduardo...Eduardo and throw back my head. I should post about kisses. It seems such a small thing but I lack the verve to pull it off. I'm glad you don't.

Peter said...

E: Hot and sexy. I love it. (And I love older men, they make the best lovers . . . hehehe).

Lyle Daggett said...

You may not consider it a poem, and that's up to you of course, but if you ever decide to make it into a poem you've got a lot of great lines to start with. Wow, it drew me in, like, instantly...

Turquoise said...

*amazed and mesmerized*