If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hot or Not: Terrance Hayes


Do we even need to discuss this? Terrance Hayes is one fine man. He's one of the beautiful people. I saw him in the flesh at AWP Baltimore. He walked into the large reading room and I instantly knew who he was: I recognized him from his author photo. He walked past me (he smelled like wet bark and cinnamon) and I wanted to say hello but I was afraid I would say or ask stupid things. Like: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Like: Your bald head is shiny, and I do like shiny things. Like: Who killed the pork chops? What price bananas? Are you my Angel? I kept my big mouth shut, and watched him glide across the room. Of course, everybody else shook his hand or stopped him for a quick chat. Punks.

HOT!!!

1 comment:

Ron Mohring said...

Terrance is a smart, warm, generous teacher and a fantastic poet; he taught in last year's June Seminar at Bucknell and I am pretty sure they are bringing him back for June '06. His reading was awesome: so smart, so engaged, so wholly *there*. Eduardo, you should say hello to him next time.