If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Bits

I'm flying off to Phoenix in about five hours. My sister is getting married. I've been begging her to throw the bouquet my way. Please! Toss a dog a bone!
*
I'm still digging Sufjan Stevens. Read Sara Sower's comment a few posts down about her adventure at a Sufjan concert. Poor Dirty Girl!
*
I had a great time in Chicago this past weekend. We stayed in a hotel near Magnificent Mile so all the shops and restaurants were close. I was broke so I didn't buy much. Just a Swatch watch on credit. Okay, did I just admit to the world that I bought a Swatch watch? Wow. But my friend shopped and shopped. He was nice enough to buy me a new shirt for the wedding. He also bought flatware and dishes at Bloomingdales for the townhouse.
*
We had a fab meal at the tapas cafe. The food was amazing. Salmon served with slivers of apple in a mango-infused sauce. Spare ribs. Spanish tortillas. Stuffed mushrooms. Coconut bread pudding. We were seated next to a very loud group. The group consisted of three middle-aged couples. I usually don't mind loud folks--hey, I'm loud--but these folks just wanted attention. Sad. When they left a bachelorette party took their place. Thankfully, these ladies enjoyed themselves quietly. Though I was surprised when all of them slipped penis-shaped straws into their water glasses. Silly girls! You only use penis-shaped straws to drink milk!
*
I saw so many handsome men. Swoon.
*
Books I just ordered:

Logicalogics by Ron Palmer.
Leadbelly by Tyehimba Jess
Down Spooky by Shanna Compton
*
I entered a Neiman Marcus for the first time in Chicago. The prices were kind of shocking. Who pays 600 dollars for a Paul Smith wallet? Wow. Granted, the wallet was gorgeous. I felt uncomfortable in there. I'm more of an Old Navy kind of guy.
*

1 comment:

Sara said...

Best wishes on catching bouquets and dog bones. I went to a sex toy party last weekend. I came away with three penis-shaped straws. I haven't used them yet, but I'd like to bring them to work and stand at the printer with a big glass of milk.