If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Mid-West Fun!

On Saturday I'm attending the Urbana Sweetcorn Festival. Good thing I like corn. Good thing I really like corn.

Eat your heart out New Yorkers!

The festival also features a book market with local and university presses. Jon Tribble and Alison Joseph are going to be there to promote the Crab Orchard Prize books. In the evening a group of us will be going out to dinner with them. I've never met them, but I've only heard good things about them.

Would it be tacky to show them my poetry collection over dinner? Just kidding. Really.

3 comments:

Lorna Dee Cervantes said...

Good mag, great press. (Any press smart enough to publish Greg Pape would get my manuscript. Oh yeah! Did that: Pitt Poetry Series.) Buena gente, so I hear. Bring a copy with you, with SASE. Be yourself. "It just so happens, I have an extra copy right here, I even have an extra SASE. jajaja...". Worked for Jayne Anne Phillips, but, sorry, she's cuter than you & speaking heterosexual.

Jei, ese, you'll have the Corn Goddess dancing in your corner. Fíjate.

When the temperature's right, the serpent strikes. Or appears, like a sign of the New World. Just have it with you. (Heck, I carried mine around for years. Not to give to any one, just to carry & watch sleep like a newborn.)

Y muy buena suerte como siempre.

P.S. Why can't I be normal like your sister-in-law????! "La Soltera," indeed. Beautiful pictures. Would have loved the dancing. You like Selena? I've been working on my performative Selena poem since she died. Cheers.

Artichoke Heart said...

Jon and Allison are so nice. You'll adore them, and vice versa. Please tell them hi for me and send them big love from South Dakota?

Artichoke Heart said...

D'oh! Just realized today is Saturday. Feh.