If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Thursday, August 04, 2005

I'm Back

Whew! The drama of the wedding is over. My younger brother is now a married man. Now, if only I could find a man and move to Canada. Do you hear me Daniel Nester?
*
Mexico always does something to me. I'm always stunned by its beauty, and ugliness. I don't have the language to describe the happiness and the sadness that overwhelms me when I'm in Mexico.
*
I found a great 20 peso coin featuring Ocativo Paz while in Mexico. It was issued in 2000 in a limited run. But I got one!
*
My poor brother. He can't dance. Picture a post swaying in wind.
*
Congrats to C. Dale Young: his second book will be published by Four Way Books. Just between us, I'm buying it for the author photo. I hear chest shots are involved! And for the poem "Torn."
*
And one of my favorite bloggers is back. Welcome back LAR!
*
The colors for the wedding: peach and white. It was a Creamsicle-colored event.
*
My mom always carries her cash in Mexico in a wad tucked in the right cup of her bra. I've nicknamed her BANATETA.
*
A shout of congrats goes out to Charlie Jensen who was a finalist in a book prize.
*

3 comments:

Artichoke Heart said...

Hey, thanks Eduardo! :)

C. Dale said...

Damn! How did you already hear I am going shirtless for my author photo? Those nice men at Falcon Studios promised me they would keep this quiet.

Robin said...

So glad to discovered your new blog!