If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Bits

*
It's been a Belle & Sebastian kind of Saturday. How much do I love "This is Just a Modern Rock Song?" THIS MUCH. And why do I love it? Because some much of it is unnecessary.
*
Charles posted a link to a great online discussion featuring Aaron Smith, Jason Schneiderman, and Richard Siken. What unites all three of these poets? Things that glimmer. And cake.
*
Today, as I walked through the park, I saw a deer leap and leap in the tall grass.

That deer, I said out loud, is a sissy.
*
Okay, was I the last queen to know that Ben Lerner is a homo? Thank Buddha I'm no longer under that rock.
*
I love this poem.
*
"I'm Waking Up to Us" has such killer lyrics: and if I look like death today/please let her know.
*
NO FUCKING WAY!!! HAVE YOU READ ABOUT
THIS???
*

2 comments:

Peter said...

Thanks for the link to the discussion (via Charles). I am as surprised as you re: BL.

Emily Lloyd said...

Hmm. BL had a number of poems in Lichtenberg dedicated to a Benjamin; they were lovelike poems; I figured...good god, what's scarier: who's in Beowulf: the Movie or the thought of Beowulf: the Movie even being made?