If interested in having me for a reading, class visit, or conference/festival, please contact me at lorcaloca AT aol DOT com

Friday, July 22, 2005

Jason Schneiderman

I love discovering the work of new poets. A couple of days ago, as a read through Sabrina Orah Mark's How Do You Feel About Figs contest, I came upon a name new to me: Jason Schneiderman. I clicked on his name and was led by the Muses (okay, fiber-optic cables) to his website. One glance at his photographs and I forgot all about figs. I can tell no fib! He's one handsome man. I clicked on more links to read his poems. I liked. I liked. Very much. Two words popped into my head as I read his work: Serious Whimsy. Four Way Books published his first collection, Sublimation Point, in 2004. Double swoon! I should be getting his book sometime in early August. I can't wait.

To read some of his work click here.

1 comment:

Charles said...

I read Sublimation Point this past spring. Er, yes. I was a little disappointed by some of the work in it.